Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Suiter than Ever

Welllll the room is FINALLY decorated! I have a few finishing touches I'd like to put on in the near future, but this is a fantastic new setup if I do say so myself. :) Let's review the "before shot:"


Annnnnnddddd here's the finished product paradise!!!

It has a very tropical, colorful, home vacation feel that I love! Here's the color plan we went with for this makeover project:

Those were our 3 main colors, but then our curtains had a few other brights in it, so we tied those in as well!

We got a bunch of coordinating picture frames and painted some cheap ones to compliment the wall above our bed. I also brought some of my favorite paintings from home and used them on the frame wall as well to give it a more handmade feel!

a pretty bargain pot holder and favorite dress make the perfect accents for our bamboo-looking louvered closet.




And this is my masterpiece! My Hambly bird mobile!

I don't know if you noticed, but we unintentionally have a bird theme running through the room: my owl collection, bird paper on the wall, owl painting, plushie, etc. So I made this pretty mobile to tie it all together!

I got a branch from the yard, cut out little birdies from Hambly overlays, orange blossoms, and assembled the whole thing with fishing line! *beautiful!*



So that's how it turned out, folks! I had a great time decorating this space, but now I'm even MORE enjoying living in it! It's so special and comfortable! Let me know what you think!!!
<3
E

9 comments:

miss teacups said...

this looks awesome. you did a GREAT job!! love the bird theme...
i know you love owls...check out one of my most recent posts, new owl tattoo!

janel. said...

this is BEYOND perfect!! Elaine!! I can hardly believe it's the same room! you are amazing :)
xo
janel

Shaina Longstreet said...

girl!!! this is amazing!! you did an absolutely incredible job. <3

Genevieve said...

Great job Elaine! The colours are perfect, fun but not too bold for Ian's parents when you move out...also, girly but not too girly. Love all the handmade touches. Great work!

Unknown said...

That looks so great! I love the color scheme. Congrats on finishing!! :)

Unknown said...

Cool! Maybe you should come down and figure out where I need to pull all of my stuff! When did you move in.....and what is the address?!?!

Victoria said...

this is FABULOUS! i love that reading chair and the blue windowsill. i cannot wait to decorate my apartment. yay!

Allison Drew said...

OH MY! You did well. This room is perfection.

mansionmogul said...

Wow! What a lovely room. You did a great job making it a happy place!